Bodgers Bricks and Babies

My photo
Washington, D.C., United States
Wow. Have you ever tried to rebuild a house? Daunting. Have you ever tried to do it with two small kiddos? Now things are getting interesting!

Monday, August 31, 2009

NAME POLL!


So, this week we are taking reader submissions for names. Please post your suggested name as a comment to this thread, or email it to tiffany at Tiffany.rose.bodger@gmail.com.

Rules: No rules, just submit a name that you like and that you’d like to see little Jambi saddled with for the rest of her life. (umlauts “ü” and apostrophes always welcome!)

Next, Tiffany and I will take those names and narrow them down, and next week we’ll post a reader poll where you all can vote on the reader suggested name you like the best, and we’ll consider that name in the final naming list.

Pretty exciting huh! Now get to naming!

9 comments:

  1. "(umlauts “ü” and apostrophes always welcome!)" Jed, you crack me up.

    Ummm...I like Desiree Harlow. You could go with the accent on the second "e" if you're really feelin' it. Its definitely unique.
    I'm actually pretty good at this whole naming thing. I'll have more soon... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about One, since she'll be your first kid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's got to be a Linda in there - you know Grandma Linda and of course Auntie Linda. I mean Rachel got off without having a Linda even tho I named Charissa - Charissa BETH. So now it's time for pay back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I would like to acknowledge some of these wonderful suggestions. But I want to pay special attention to my lovely Auntie Linda, who makes an excellent point that her daughter was named after my mom. However, my mom was named after her dad, so, really Charissa was named after grandpa bethel, so much to the chagrin of my aunt, maybe the name comes back to bethel? Just a thought.

    But I agree, Linda is a lovely name, and is definately worth our consideration! We'll see how it fares in the poll next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jed - You must be a lawyer!!! How did it get from a great name like Linda to Bethel!!! Huh? You are right tho - good point. I love your poll and your whole blog. I'm so glad your Mom turned me on to it. It was so fun having them all here for Becky's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LaToya Jackson Bodger - that's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LaToya - now that's startin' something... Gotta keep thinking on this. I'm so fond of "Jambi" it may need to be a derivative of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bernedette Alexis Bodger(mom picked that one) or Audrey Rose Bodger.

    ReplyDelete